My favourite Ayah.



" Surely my prayer and my sacrifice and my life and my death are for Allah, the Lord of the Worlds." (1:162)

Before Islam, I never really put much thought into what my purpose of life was. I only cared about living the moment, and I didnt care who it was for as long as i did it for me, myself, and I! I didn't know there was a deeper meaning to life and I definitely didn't think of living my life for someone or sacrificing any part of my time and effort for anyone. But that all changed when I became Muslims. Everything suddenly had a purpose. It didn't all fall into place right away but as I learnt more about my religion, the more I started to understand the true meaning of life. 

I chose this verse because it reminds me of my purpose in this life. Whenever I forget or I am finding myself buried too deep into this dunya, I remember this very and it brings me back to reality. It reminds me that everything I do is for Allah alone and that there really is no point of existence or doing anything when it is not done for Allah and His Sake. 

Many people try to find their purpose in life and they will go to lengths to find it, even if it means doing things that could harm their bodies, mind, and soul. Some people think life is all about money and status, others think it is all about doing humanitarian work and raising money for charity organizations and trying to make a difference in the world. Surely, there is nothing wrong with the latter, in fact, it is highly encouraged, but it means nothing when you are doing it for the wrong reasons. Imagine doing even the smallest of deeds such as smiling or giving salams to a sister? Or doing a bigger deed like raising money for charity or feeding orphans? In Islam, you get rewards for every small and big deed you do if it is done for the sake of Allah alone. This verse is powerful and a beautiful reminder and it also preaches tawheed. It is one of my many favourite verses and it really makes an impact on my heart every time I read it. Alhamdulillah for the gift of guidance, the gift of Islam, where everything you do, has it's sole objective and that is to worship Allah alone, seeking His pleasure alone. 

What is your favourite ayah ( i know there are more than one, but one that really sticks out to you and why?) 

2 comments

  1. This post was beautiful MashAllah, thank you for sharing. One of my favourite verses is from (39:53) Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful." It gives me so much hope! I know that no matter what happens I can always rely on Allah and that He is there to forgive me no matter what, I just have to ask. We are all humans who are sinful by nature and need constant reminders. I love this verse for being a reminder of that for me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Assalamualaikum, please be mindful about what you are about to write. Think about it before writing and make sure it is something positive and beneficial, otherwise it will be deleted and ignored. JazakiAllah kheyr ! Sisters ONLY! xo